Recorded 2012 - 03 - 01
Used my TS 102mm f/11 achromat. There were lots of thin clouds. My Jupiter session suffered because of that but it got better when Mars was higher in the sky.
I used AutoStakkert2 to stack the images with 1.5x drizzle.
UV/IR cut. 3000 frames with 15% stacked. Gain 600, 1/60th exposure @ 30 fps.
RGB1 - 2000 frames with 15% stacked. Gain 600, 1/30th exposure @ 30 fps
RGB1 with IR-pass as a softlight layer at 75% opacity.
RGB2 - 3000 frames with 15% stacked. Gain 600, 1/30th exposure @ 30 fps
RGB2 with IR-pass as a softlight layer at 75% opacity.
Recorded 2012 - 04 - 15
Used my TS 102mm f/11 achromat + DMK31 mono.
UV/IR Cut filter and 2.5x powermate.
UV/IR Cut filter and 5x powermate - No further details, most likely much more power than this telescope can take.
Also tried with my Canon 500D + 5x powermate where i recorded a 1920 x 1080 20fps quicktime. It was exported as an image sequence and then stacked.
Odd how Mars is just about the same size with the 2x barlow and the 2.5x powermate.