Solar 2013-08-06





Hydrogen Alpha: Lunt 60mm Solartelescope + Lunt 50mm front filter for double stack.
Extra equipment: 0.5x focal reducer
Camera: DMK31AU03 USB Mono
Recording: 2000 frames @ 30 fps captured for each AVI. 25% used for final stacking.



Finally got the time to process these recordings. I tried a new way to do it.

Enlarged them 400% and did a precise alignment in Photoshop.
Reduced the image to 33%, slightly larger than the original recordings.
Added Smart Sharpen to each layer.
Saved them out as TIFs for HDR processing in Photomatix.




0.5x magnification:
HDR from 11 exposures at 2 steps from 1/1000th to 1/30h shutter at 500 gain.




Link 1352 x 1014 resolution



Link 1352 x 1014 resolution



Alternative.


Link 1352 x 1014 resolution



Link 1352 x 1014 resolution




---- 3 hours later ----
Same method of recording as above.


Link 1352 x 1014 resolution



Link 1352 x 1014 resolution



Alternative.


Link 1352 x 1014 resolution



Link 1352 x 1014 resolution




I also tried to do some time lapses, however there were too many clouds and that proved impossible to stack the recordings.
On the ohter hand, as i processed the first 0.5x mag images, i noticed the string prom developing quite fast.
So i used levels on each layer to match the first recording until they all had the same exposure look.

The result was this short 11 frame animation over a duration of 15 minutes.